Office Software

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Fri Jan 21 17:28:20 EST 2005

On Jan 21, 2005, at 7:55 PM, Lynch, Jonathan wrote:

> 1) Is it really that difficult to create basic office software?
>
> 2) Why does it cost so much?

Jonathan,

to create a huge mammoth (is this how one spell
big-prehistoric-elephant in english?) like an Office app is not a task
for a single person.... Man, just think about the thousands of features
that you don't use... then wonder about the thousand of features you
don't even know!!!!

The word processor task... imagine the code to manage one single
document! those things are not HTML!!!! they are more complex than
that... now wonder about SPREADSHEET!!!!it take years and a team to
create a simple one.... now, integrate the whole office.... I would not
know how to begin a project like this. I think thats why there are
special developer teams doing this kind of thing for years.

don't know, for me it's just to big.

andre

--
Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004