Characters not displaying in a field?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Wed Jan 19 06:57:02 EST 2005

Kevin Miller wrote:

>On 19/1/05 6:13 am, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
>

>>normally more anemic than the Rev docs.  But this is what it took me to
>>find them in Rev:
>>
>>1. Open Documentation
>>
>>2. Typed "Li"
>>
>>3. Dismissed a dialog telling me that "Li" could not be found.
>>
>>4. Managed to type an "m" before -
>>
>>5. Dismissed a dialog telling me that "Lim" could not be found.
>>
>>6. Squeezed in typing an "i" when -
>>
>>7. Dismissed a dialog telling me "Limi" could not be found.
>>
>>8. Typed the "ts" really fast, which brought up:
>>
>>  Commands and Function
>>        Memory and Limits Reference
>>

>Please note that this reference is also available directly in the Help menu.
>Help -> Quick Reference Guides -> Memory and Limits Reference.

Thanks Kevin, that's good to know.

I'm curious if you have any comment on the mis-behaviour of the "Filter"
function. It must surely be a bug to say that there are no matches for
"Lim" or "Limi" and then find the match for "Limits".

Presumably, now that someone at RunRev is aware of the problem, they
will ensure it is entered into Bugzilla and fixed in the course of time;
it would be helpful to let the list know the BZ number once this has
happened.

-- Alex.