RunRev vs RealBasic (wandered a wee bit off topic)

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Tue Jan 18 12:52:00 EST 2005

> I am American - the differences between American English and
> English English can be quite funny.

My best friend in Chicago was in Switzerland over some friends' place at
breakfast looking at the fruit jelly pot and she asked naturally if there
were preservatives in the it... She speaks reasonably good french and was
actually living in europe among friends to learn it. So she asked it in
French... Il y t'il des preservatifs dans la confiture?

Everyone at the table burst laughing except her!

Well, "preservatif" is translated in french as "condoms" not as "agents
conservateurs"!

If you know the "You know what's disgusting?" "Cool Whip" (US pseudo mayo)
pot joke I do, you must be on the floor gone histerically laughing now!
ROTFL!