substack behavior

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Jan 16 22:49:15 EST 2005

Recently, Byron Turner wrote:

> I was under the impression that a mainstack cannot be modified, but
> that substacks could be.  Is there some process involved for text
> changes in fields of substacks to be retained?

Any stacks that are *not* part of a standalone can be modified and saved.
Stacks that are made into standalone applications, and any included
substacks, can be modified but not saved.  If you want to save changes to a
stack that is part of a standalone distribution, you need to store the stack
outside of the standalone.  This concept is similar to using a text
application to modify/save a text file, or a graphics application to
modify/save an image file.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director