screenshot sharpening

Bob Hartley rev at armbase.com
Sun Jan 16 14:19:12 EST 2005

Hi All.

I thought I'd put this wee tip your way.

I have seen some blurred screenshots on a website recently and there were
some suggestions on how to sharpen them.

Some suggestions were to use "sharpen" in an image manipulation package. (I
use photoshop)

However my best tip is to use an "Unsharpen Mask" This will in effect
create an unsharp selection of your image and then use this as a mask to
reduce the affect. In the end you get a sharper image without the
distortion that you sometimes get from the "sharpen" filter.

Cheers
Bob