Graphics question

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sun Jan 16 13:01:27 EST 2005

Paul Salyers wrote:

> This is a non Rev question, but:
>
> I need to insert text information in a jpg graphics then when the
> computer loads the pics, I want the information extracted and used in
> the program. Any one know anything about this?

You can do this with "exif" data. I wrote a library to extract this data
in Rev (see in revonline under alextweedly), but I'm afraid I haven't
yet done the "writing" side of the operation.  see www.exif.org (not as
good as you might hop), or just Google "exif data" for lots of sites - I
don't however know of any utility that is strong on writing Exif data.

-- Alex.