MacWorld part 2

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Sat Jan 15 13:51:42 EST 2005

Hello There,

Le 15 janv. 05, à 16:24, James Richards a écrit :

> On 14 Jan, 2005, 2005 18:07:59 -0800, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>>
>> Part of Appleton's motivation for creating SuperCard was his feeling
>> that textual programming, such as scripting, offered much greater
>> expressiveness.
>>
>> Seems us scripters don't have it so bad after all. :)
>>
>> --
>>   Richard Gaskin
>>   Fourth World Media Corporation

XTalk is still the onest development paradigm able to let us build a
fourty different screens web app in less than 100 kb of code (PG
backend management included)... and it's just why we are right in going
head with Rev instead of any 10 years to old programming concepts, Java
or Labview avatars included. Last year, i went back to the university
to get an up to date computer science master. I got it successfully
but... i did'nt learn any real usefull think in the courses ! Why ?
Just because the teatchers are payed to form "slave level only
engeniers", the kind of hard coders that are sharing the same knoweage
all over the world, the kind of people that are never going to become
free and (et little to expensive) experts able to build great apps by
them self without having to depend from others, the company they are
working for included...

If Rev make us, day after day, more  reliable developers, it's probably
because the more experimented we are becoming, the less we are coding
because each progression in design and conceptual terms help us to do
always more, faster and securly in less code. Rev is my first
designer's and main development framework and i just love to use it
each day. Thanks to all Scott, The Rev Team and our so elegant and kind
lists community.

Best Regards,

--
Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris
F - 77140 Nemours

psahores+ at +easynet.fr
sc+ at +sahores-conseil.com

GSM:   +33 6 03 95 77 70
Pro:      +33 1 64 45 05 33
Fax:      +33 1 64 45 05 33

<http://www.sahores-conseil.com/>

SIRET : 348 855 784 00024. APE : 741G. TVA : en cours.

WEB/EAI services & ACID DB over IP
"Mutualiser les deltas de productivité"