Show pics?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sat Jan 15 12:19:12 EST 2005

Paul Salyers wrote:

> I need the code to show a pics from start up. Here  is the VB code I
> want to run in Rev.
>
> Private Sub Form_Load()                         'When the form loads
> the following command kick into action
>     file = "Foto2Load.jpg"                      'Graphic I want to
> load in the form (Path to file)
>     Image1.Picture = LoadPicture(file)          'Image property to
> load the graphics
> End Sub

I may be misinterpreting the VB part of it, but something like .....

on openCard
   set the fileName of image "Image1" to "Foto2Load.jpg"
end openCard

Note this simply makes a reference to the jpg, rather than loading it
into the stack - but I think that's what you want.

> Also I like to be able to click in a graphics to execute a program.
> But the above question is most important.

on mouseUp
  shell("theprogram")
end mouseUp
as a handler for the image.

> Oh, One more question. Would anyone be interested in a RenRev chat
> room that can be accessed with a win chat program or web site
> accessible?  This chat room can have a search function for RunRev help
> if wanted.

The Rev chat program and weekly session should satisfy that (but since I
don't use it, I'll leave it to others to remind us where to get it  /
when / etc.)

-- Alex.