Rinaldi's fullFind equivalent for Revolution?

Yves COPPE yvescoppe at skynet.be
Wed Jan 12 15:51:02 EST 2005

Le 12-janv.-05, à 21:00, Tim MacKenzie a écrit :

> I am a long-time Hypercard user and use Rinaldi's fullFind XFCN
> extensively. I am new to Revolution and would like to know if there is
> any equivalent function or command for Revolution?
> Thanks for any help.
>
> - Tim MacKenzie
>    University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN
>    tmackenz at utk.edu

Something like :

function findLines listToSearch, textToFind
   --set the wholeMatches to true
   put empty into foundLines
   put 0 into startLine
   repeat
     put lineOffset(textToFind,listToSearch,startLine) into theLine
     if theLine = 0 then
       exit repeat
     else
       put (theLine+startLine) & cr after foundLines
       add theLine to startLine
     end if
   end repeat
   --set the wholeMatches to false
   delete last char of foundLines
   return foundLines
end findLines

If you want something more complete, you may ask it more explicitely.

Greetings.

Yves COPPE
yvescoppe at skynet.be