Converting hex character references

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jan 10 14:14:30 EST 2005

Converting ISO-8959-1 character references to displayable text is a snap:

If field 1 contains this:

       Don’t give up & call it quits.

...I can get the plain text like this:

      set the htmlText of fld 2 to the text of fld 1
      get the text of fld 2

But what do I do when the data I'm working with contains hex character