Set icon of button to a graphic

James Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Mon Jan 10 09:40:01 EST 2005

>Message: 13
>Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 15:07:00 -0800
>From: Bill Vlahos <bvlahos at mac.com>
>Subject: Set icon of button to a graphic
>To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
>I want to show if an object is either too hot, too cold, or within
>normal temperature range? I was thinking that a simple circle filled
>with green, blue, or red with the temperature next or under it would be
>an easy way to tell at a glance if things are normal. I was thinking
>that if I create a button with the icon set to one of the 3 images and
>setting the label of the button to the temperature would do the trick.
>I would simply set the icon of the button to one of the three "colors".
>
>I created a 3 small circle graphics (one with each color) but I can't
>seem to select those for the button icon as they are a "graphic" not an
>"image".
>
>How can I convert a graphic to an image?
>
>Bill Vlahos

Bill,

I tried Chipp Walter's solution and I get a "Rev has unexpectedly
quit" message at the line:

        import snapshot from rectangle tRect of window tWinID

Don't know why. According to the docs it should work. Could this be
an OS X problem? (Rev 2.2.1, Mac OS X 2.3)

Could you just use a single circle graphic (with a text field below)
and then just set the background color of the circle graphic as
needed?

Jim