insert field text into list

duane poncy tsalagi at elohigadugi.org
Sat Jan 8 16:01:16 EST 2005

On Sat,  8 Jan 2005 12:00:09 -0500 (EST), use-revolution-
request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> I have a field "Item" and a list field "ItemList"; I will have these on all
> cards of a card-based database. I want the text of the "List" field on each
> card to be inserted one line after another in the "listfield".

I use this the following script to populate a similar list
field:

repeat for each line tCard in field "cardList"
   open card tCard
   put field "EnglishWords" & return after field
"EnglishWordlist"
end repeat

Make sure that your field "listfield" is set to Sharedtext
so it will show up on all cards.

Hope that helps.

visit elohi gadugi: poetry, software,
Cherokee culture and Native American rights.
http://elohigadugi.org/