Spacebar Controlled Menus?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Jan 7 23:06:23 EST 2005

On 1/7/05 5:36 PM, "Scott Rossi" <scott at tactilemedia.com> wrote:

> More on menus:
>
> I'm trying to insert "Start/Stop" as an option in a menu.  I've read that
> using double slash // is supposed to allow insertion of a slash character
> but here all it seems to produce is "StartStop" with "S" as the command
> equivalent.
>
> Is it not possible to place a slash character between words in a menu?

It depends on whether the menu button displays a "system" menu (like the
popup and option menus do by default) or whether it displays an "internal"
menu (like the pulldown menus do by default).

If it's a system menu (you can tell because you can't change the font specs
of the menu), you escape a slash (and an open parentheses, btw) with a
backslash, as in "Start\/Stop".

If it's an internal menu (you can tell because you *can* change the font
specs of the menu), you escape a slash with another slash, as in
"Start//Stop".

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software