Writing externals

Ben Fisher boinjyboing at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 6 22:35:52 EST 2005

I'm a pretty experienced Revolution user, but I'm new to externals in the form of dlls. I'd like to create these, but I only have the Borland C++ compiler which I hear doesn't work for externals. Could someone please come up with a list of the languages or compilers that are compatible?

Hopefully those compilers are available for free. The guide in RunRevExternalSDK seems a little complicated. Maybe it would help to have a simple example. It'd be cool for someone to make an IDE for creating externals in C. I'll do it as soon as I understand myself.

-Ben