Unicode control pictures on OS X?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jan 4 13:25:30 EST 2005

On 1/4/05 10:20 AM, Michael D Mays wrote:

> If I have a glyph that displays on the screen but doesn't print and I
> cover it with a transparent field it will then print. When it prints the
> resolution is much less than that displayed. ???

I hit this problem once. When a field is covered by a transparent
object, the engine uses the screen bitmap underneath the transparency
for printing rather than rendering the field text as a font. This is due
to some weird behavior with graphics drivers or something; I can't
remember exactly what. But that's why you can print what you see on
screen, and why it is printing at screen resolution (i.e., bitmapped.)

> And I have a field on a card where the cursor has disappeared (I can
> click and type in the field, but I cannot see the cursor) and in that
> field the Unicode prints OK.

If another object overlaps a field, the cursor can disappear. Check to
make sure there isn't anything over that field. Also make sure the
traversalOn is set to true for the field.

> I guess I just need to figure out how I mucked up that field?:)

Combination of things, sounds like. ;)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com