Bugzilla 586, the fast char replacement (was Revolution compilation)

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Jan 3 21:52:35 EST 2005

Concerning bugzilla 586, the fast char replacement...

On Jan 3, 2005, at 7:00 PM, Alex Tweedly wrote:

> So 2 questions
> 1. Is this fix already in 2.5 ?

Yes.  Here is a timing demo for OSes that have a high res long seconds:

on mouseUp
   put longString(100000) into x
   put the long seconds into a  -- OS X only
   put "y" into char 4444 of x
   put the long seconds into b
   put b-a
end mouseUp

function longString n
   put empty into s
   repeat n times
     put "x" after s
   end repeat
   return s
end longString

==>

.000014

The fix is really an enhancement.  Either I goofed and labeled it a bug
or it got turned into a bug by another.

> 2. Where in BZ do you look for that info ?

I think that is normally the "target milestone".  Some of those fell in
a crack, but currently, those those are getting set.