How to safely set the icon of a button ?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Feb 27 15:06:56 EST 2005

On 2/27/05 1:26 PM, "Alex Tweedly" <alex at tweedly.net> wrote:

>> The icon is the short ID or short name of the image to use for the
>> current application's dock icon. The icon of a button or stack is also
>> a short name or ID of an image.

> Note - it's the *SHORT* name - so in my case the one that goes wrong is
> image "s1" (for Dreamcard 2.5), or "hq" (for Rev 2.2)
>
> It seems unlikely that any Rev stack has images called "s1" and "hq" -
> though it might be possible.
>
> Any suggestions for how I can tell what's happening ?

My understanding is that the icon *has* to be identified by ID (i.e. it is
stored that way). Although it seems you can set it using a name, I've never
done that before. I'm sure what you have is an ID conflict. What ID number
does the button use for itms image?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/