Formatting columns across a list item

Karen Karen at curlypaws.com
Sat Feb 26 12:54:42 EST 2005

On 26/2/05 1:02 am, Richard wrote:

> You can use htmlText to assign colors, either by mnemonic name or by
> numeric values -- assuming your list is tab-delimited for display in the
> columnar list you could do something like this (off the cuff, but should
> be close):
>

> on DisplayList pList
>    put empty into tHtmlText
>    set the itemdel to tab
>    repeat for each line tLine in pList
>      get item 3 of tLine
>      if it > 0 then put tLine&"<br>" after tHtmlText
>      else
>        put item 1 to 2 of tLine &tab& \
>          "<font color="&quote&"red"&quote&">"& item 3 of tLine \
>          &"<br>" after tHtmlText
>    end repeat
>    put tHtmlText into fld "Display"
> end DisplayList

Thanks very much to Richard, Mark and "Cubist" for their replies.  They all
work, but I found Richard's the easiest to implement.

I'm learning a lot of great stuff from the messages in the list and the very
helpful replies.  I've got Dan's book on order so that should help too - so
I might go a bit quieter once it arrives ;-).

Thanks again,

Karen