ANN: Bouncing Ball Tools

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Sat Feb 26 12:30:46 EST 2005

>Message: 8
>Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:33:47 -0800
>From: Scott Rossi <scott at tactilemedia.com>
>Subject: Re: ANN: Bouncing Ball Tools
>To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
>Recently, Jim Hurley  wrote:
>
>>  I got intrigued with simulations, all kinds. Recently I have
>>  taken up bouncing balls. And I am having a hard time letting go.
>  > go url  http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/BouncingBallTools.rev
>
>Ironically, you *gotta* let go for the thing to work. :-)
>
>This is really fun stuff -- thanks Jim.  More ideas for us to develop
>games...
>
>(BTW, on two of the cards, the ball "escaped" through the bottom left corner
>of the card, maybe some kind of X = 0 or Y > height of the card thing.)
>
>Regards,

Scott Rossi

Scott,

I found the problem. I was letting the ball be reflected by the
rectangle interior to the screen walls by a distance equal to the
radius of the ball, but  I calculated the *intersection* of the ball
trajectory with the screen walls instead of that rectangle. The
tracing (pen down) now remains totally within this inner rectangle.

The corrected version is again:

  go url  "http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/BouncingBallTools.rev"

Pessimist: Life is just one damn bug after another.

Thanks again,

Jim