Tri-boot CD

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Thu Feb 24 11:08:13 EST 2005

Linux in and of itself has no "autoplay" feature.  Depending on the
graphical environment you are using under Linux, that may add one, but
it will be specific to that graphical environment.

There is no autoplay feature under OS X, the closest you can get is to
have a Finder window open automatically to the CD root when the CD is
inserted; Google should have info on how to set this up.

For Windows, just create a file in the root of the CD and call it
autorun.inf -- the file should contain text like this:

[autorun]
open=myapp.exe

It is also possible to assign an icon for the CD using the autorun.inf
file -- again, Google should find this info for you rather quickly.

CD autoplay is bad from a security standpoint, and is therefore a bad
idea if not carefully controlled.  Chalk up another Windows security
issue...