Dumb question about error messages

graham samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Thu Feb 24 09:45:23 EST 2005

I'm debugging an app in the IDE. I have a 'startup' handler that
doesn't run in this context, so I execute

send "startup" to stack "myStack"

This is standard procedure for me. Today there was a bug in my handler,
and a message in the lower half of the message box saying

Message execution error:
Error description: Chunk: no such object

Doubtless this is true - my code is not faultless :) - but why don't I
get the standard error dialog opening up to give me a clue as to where
in the script of the handler the error occurs? The IDE option 'script
debug mode' is checked. As it is I will have to set breakpoints to
narrow down the issue - but what did I do wrong? I can't believe I'm
asking this question after all this time working with RR.

TIA

Graham