New Bugzilla report Bug 2631

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Feb 23 12:57:25 EST 2005

On 2/23/05 10:33 AM, Alejandro Tejada wrote:

> Hi Developers,
>
> I've posted this bug report:
>
> Bug# 2631
> I could open any stack by dragging and droping
> over an executable file.
>
> Verified with many standalones build with
> RR and MC.
>
> Some standalones even let me copy a jpg file in the
> hard disk and open it in windows explorer.
>
> If this bug affect your work, please consider
> to vote for it.

Unless I am misunderstanding, this is not a bug. It has to do with file
associations in the operating system. On MacOS, you need to assign a
different creator and type code to your standalone. On Mac OS X, either
do the same thing, or use a different file extension (do not use .rev).
On Windows, use a different file association as well.

The operating system determines what application will open a file based
on these criteria.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com