OT: Help with motivation

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Wed Feb 23 12:26:36 EST 2005

Thanks Sarah, Richard, Trevor, Bob, Ro, Stephen, Jacqueline, Dan, Jim,
Ken, David, Chipp, Paul, David, Andre, Judy, Dave, Graham, Kevin,
Mikey, and Jonathan.

I am completely overwhelmed by the responses I received to my
motivation problem. I don't know what to say.......

I realize now that this project, that I am looking at, is more like
just a means to make some cash BUT that my heart is not really in it.
It is not a bad project and it will help others BUT when I asked myself
what I really want to be doing right now I got a BIG surprise.

My answer is that I would rather be creating some of the metal
sculpture ideas I have been having. Those I have drawn sketches down on
paper and spent hours researching. When I have time, that is what I am
thinking about. I think it is like the taxes being due aspect, where I
can't get to something else until I deal with what is most pressing in
my mind.

So, due to all of the wonderful help and suggestions from you guys I
have decided to take a break and go ice fishing here in Pennsylvania
and then commit to finishing one of my metal kinetic sculpture ideas
which shouldn't take more than a week or two tops and THEN when I am
done come back to this project and see how I feel then.

Below I clipped a few of the responses I got so that I can be reminded
about all of the great responses and to remember that I am not alone,
at all in feeling this way.

Thanks guys,

Tom McGrath

Thomas J McGrath III
3mcgrath at adelphia.net

412-831-3094
220 Drake Road
Bethel Park, PA 15102

<*)) >=<
arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
skid in sideways - a Cigar in one hand - a large steak in the other -
your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO
HOO! What a Ride!"