OT: Help with motivation

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Wed Feb 23 03:51:56 EST 2005

Odd...

Not that I've ever done anything earth-shattering myself, but, about two
years ago when in the midst of composing a rather long (for me) article on
medieval genealogy, I'd take a few to do something *very* different.

Sometimes just freeing myself from the "burden" of the moment and looking
at something different helped me see something new or the same thing from
a different vantage point.

And so I do now... stumped by doing something in Rev (happens alot when
you're me...)?  Go back to researching some issue on my medieval person.
Still stumped?  Go bead something.  Play with the new puppy.  Observe my
children trying to learn language (English, ASL & bits of Spanish; a
challent for me at least; an enjoyment for them).

Sometimes, the burden of needing to  do something in one arena was lifted
by doing something positive or meaningful in another... and being
successful.

But then, it's almost 1 am my time...  right now I am highly motivated to
sleep, but it's not coming...  hence my doing "something else" ;-)

Judy