OT: Help with motivation

Ro Nagey ro at runrev.com
Tue Feb 22 18:17:17 EST 2005

Gene Wolfe, the noted sf author, once told me something along the lines
of:

"If you can get started, turn off the TV. Turn off the radio. Don't
read the mail. Don't open a book. You can go for a walk. Sooner or
later, you will start writing"

This has worked well for me - of course, I've updated it to include
"Don't turn on the computer"

Ro

On Feb 22, 2005, at 10:56 PM, Thomas McGrath III wrote:

> I have been having problems getting myself motivated. I have a
> possible customer for a few ideas I have and he said as soon as I'm
> ready that he will try and sell them for me. I even have a lot of
> ideas for this project. But I can't seem to get started. I have been
> sitting here for weeks reading this list every day and opening up REV
> but still can't start.
>
> Any helpful ideas on how to jump start a project?

Ro Nagey ~ ro at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools