Almost too simple to ask...

Len Morgan len-morgan at crcom.net
Sun Feb 20 08:55:52 EST 2005

I'm a (very) new user an I'm having a little trouble with the Studio
IDE.  I'm trying to layout a card with a few labels and the text fields
to collect information from the user.  I want to select a group of
labels and move them around a little and I've used the dotted "rope"
thingy before but I can't seem to make it work any more.  I can't even
get the "rope" to display as I try and draw it.  What are the exact
steps I need to take to select a group of controls to adjust their
position together?

Just to explain where my problem is, when I select the rope tool, the
Run and Edit buttons BOTH come up.  If I try and click on an area to
start my selection process, I only get the first control that the mouse
hits.  If I click on the Edit button on the pallete, the rope tool gets
unselected.  I know this is a real bonehead mistake on my part (because
I've done it before).

Thanks,

Len Morgan