Typing foreign characters in RunRev

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Sun Feb 20 06:10:54 EST 2005

On Feb 20, 2005, at 3:01 AM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com
wrote:

> From: Jonathan Cooper <joncooper at swiftdsl.com.au>
> Subject: Re: Typing foreign characters in RunRev
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
> Hi Frank,
>
> I just discovered something interesting while preparing to answer your
> questions: If you set your keyboard to "U.S. Extended" (unicode), you
> get very similar results to Apple Mail, except that, instead of the
> umlaut being highlighted, it has a heavy underline. Otherwise, using
> the "U.S.", "British" or "Australian" keyboards (via the Input tab of
> "International" System Preferences), you can still type "ü" in a Rev
> field (option-u, u); you just don't get any feedback until you type the
> (second) "u".

Jonathan,

After a little further investigation, my problem is that I can't type
foreign characters into my RunRev app's fields when I've got the US
keyboard selected.  If I select the British keyboard or the US Extended
keyboard, then I can type ümlauts to my heart's content in my RunRev
app.  But not with the US keyboard.

With the US keyboard selected I can type foreign characters in all
other apps, just not in RunRev.  Anyone have any ideas why this might
be?  (RunRev 2.2, Mac OS X 10.3.7)

-- Frank

Web Photos Pro: Software for Photo Bloggers and Other Photo Power Users
See us on the web at http://www.webphotospro.com/