CGI access to PostGreSQL

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Feb 17 14:38:24 EST 2005

Aloha, Mark:

Still no go on Linux as a CGI...--

fixed the case as you said to:

dbPostgresql.so

one of our team put the file in
"/usr/local/lib/revolution/dbPostgresql.so "

and tried to run this script from the shell as root but it didn't work

And I also tried putting it in the cgi bin of the virtual site where it
will eventually be used... still didn't work

I also tried a full path from root to the cgi bin of the virtual site

it still fails.  Not sure how to trouble shoot this one..

#!/usr/local/bin/revolution

on startup
 ## revSetDatabaseDriverPath "/usr/local/lib/revolution/dbPostgresql.so"
 ## revSetDatabaseDriverPath
"/home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/cgi-bin/dbPostgresql.so"
  revSetDatabaseDriverPath "dbPostgresql.so"
  put
revOpenDatabase("Postgresql","69.94.64.57","cybertalks","user","password
") into pConnectionID
  if (pConnectionID) is a number then
    put "Your Cybertalks data base opened successfully with connection
ID " into tResult
    put pConnectionID after tResult
    put tResult into buffer
  else
    put "Gosh darn, what's up?  The data base connection failed." into
buffer
end if

   put "Content-Type: text/plain" & cr
   put "Content-Length:" && the length of buffer & cr & cr
   put buffer

end startup

this works fine from inside the IDE on OSX:

  revSetDatabaseDriverPath "dbPostgresql.so"
  put
revOpenDatabase("Postgresql","69.94.64.57","cybertalks","user","password
") into pConnectionID
  if (pConnectionID) is a number then
    put "Your Cybertalks data base opened successfully with connection
ID " into tResult
    put pConnectionID after tResult
    put tResult
  else
    put "Gosh darn, what's up?  The data base connection failed."
end if

We must still be missing something.

Sivakatirswami

we