revCopyFile on OS X

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Tue Feb 15 02:27:46 EST 2005

Hi Dick,

I think at some stage revCopyFile changed from taking a file as the
destination to taking a folder name. Think of it as being the same as
option-dragging a file to another folder in the Finder. It makes a new
and identical copy of the file in the destination folder.

Your example stack uses file names and appears trying to create at
least two copies of the original in the same folder but with different
names. if this is what you want to do, you cane either do a revCopyFile
and then a rename of each file, or if the files aren't too big to read
into memory, use the URL binfile commands to read the file and write it
out again to multiple files.

Cheers,
Sarah