preventing object overlap

Byron Turner byront at mac.com
Mon Feb 14 20:55:13 EST 2005

I have images that the user can drag around a grid and I want to make
sure that they don't overlap (one dragged on top of another).  I've
tried trapping for mouse messages (mouseenter, mousewithin) but they
seem to not function while the mouse is down.  Drag enter seems to only
work if something is being copied, not just moved around.  Any
thoughts.

Byron

"Naturally the common people don't want war . . , the people can always
be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to
do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists
for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the
same in any country."

--Reichsmarschall, Hermann Goering