snap to grid

Byron Turner byront at mac.com
Mon Feb 14 20:51:42 EST 2005

Thanks everyone for all the help I've received.  Since the built in
function is defeated by setting the loc of an object I have been
working on a snap to grid with a nice shadow effect.  I wanted this for
end users to move objects around and see where the object will land.
Anyway, it seems to work well regardless of the size of the screen.  As
I'm still a baby programmer there may well be a better way but if
anyone is interested I'd be happy to share.  I know there is a users
spaces at runrev but I have not idea how to upload to that space.

Byron

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more
and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and
glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's
desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright
moron."

--H. L. Mencken