sockets and Windows behavior

John Rule johnrule at rcsprogramming.com
Sat Feb 12 10:36:49 EST 2005

  Maybe the problem is in doing broadcast messages in general on Windows
(this same code works fine on OSX...Linux is another issue altogether). It
doesn't work consistently (I do not always get the callback to my 'with'
message, the average is 6 out of 10).

  Using a 'sniffer', I am ALWAYS getting my response from the devices. It
seems like it is just that the messages are not always finding their way
back to my callback handler (in Windows XP).

Is this a problem, or is there a better way?

Thank you,
John Rule