Enigma: how to quote zero

yoy yoy at comcast.net
Fri Feb 11 23:39:33 EST 2005

Here's a handler I put into the card script that does your script to a
variable first, then the variable into a button script...

on doit

-- global newButtonname

put "if the number of chars of item 1 of retro = 1 then" into line 1 of
tempVar

put "put" && quote & 0 & quote && "before retro" into line 2 of tempVar

put "end if" into line 3 of tempVar

put "put" && quote & 0 & quote && "into char 5 of retro" into line 4 of
tempVar

put "put short name of me into ikon" into line 5 of tempVar

put "put ikon after field retro" into line 6 of tempVar

set the script of button "One" to tempVar --use newButtonname instead of
"One" for other buttons

end doit

Create a button named One then in the message box type doit and return then
check the button's script.

Not an expert solution because I'm not an expert.

Clear or cloudy?

Andy Burns