MP3 without QuickTime on Windows

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Feb 11 04:49:18 EST 2005

Hi Signe Marie,

> xbury.cs at clearstream.com skrev:
>
>> All you need is (with a default mp3 player installed) to get
>> shell("start" && mymp3filepath)
>> Why try harder? ;))
>> It's just a question of having a default "play" or "Open" command
>> associated with a player...
>
> Hello Xavier
> Should 'mymp3filepath' include 'file' or 'url'?

Neither nor!

> Do we need a player object in the stack? On my WindowsXP (where I have
> both Windows Media Player and QuickTime installed) I tried without any
> success:
>
> set itemDel to "/"
> put item 1 to -2 of the effective filename of this stack into tFolder
> put tFolder & "/M0NKP9EA.MID" into mymp3filepath

    replace "/" with "\" in mymp3filepath
    ##it's windoze ;-)

> get shell ("start" && mymp3filepath)

This might work, but will probably start the WindowsMediaPlayer or any
app that
is associated with the "MID" suffix...

So i think this is just wishful thinking ;-) because we will give
control over the sound(s)
out of our/Rev's hands...

Regards

Klaus Major