get URL behaviour

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Fri Feb 11 04:18:59 EST 2005

>Can *anyone* shed light on why a 'get url myTextFileURL' command  returns
>'requested' instead of the contents of the text file? Has  synchronicity
changed??

Dave said:

>Is this an http or ftp url (i.e. not a file url)?
>If so, is  "requested" returned in "the result" or in the "it" variable?
>I'm asking  because "requested" is one of the "states" of the variable
>in libUrl  that tracks the status of a  request and eventually is
>returned as  "the result". However, it should be set to empty or an
>error message  before the request completes.
>
>Can you log the activity  (libUrlSetLogField) and see if it reveals anything?

Thanks for the pointers, guys...

"Requested" is returned in the result of an http file request behind a
firewall. Strangely, the test stack we used to track the problem down works  okay;
I am still trying to establish what is different in the test stack which  (so
far as I can see) mirrors the original. I am suspecting a failed server
response that ought to read "timeout", but since this is arm's length it's a bit
difficult to identify.

Next stop, libUrlSetLogField.

/H