Metal anomalies

sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Thu Feb 10 00:00:03 EST 2005

>Dragging the window IS the correct behavior for metal on OS X.
>Without the suggested handlers, applications with the metal look
>don't behave normally and they should IMHO.
>
>Bill Vlahos

I've been using the following script (borrowed from Scott Rossi I think),
placing it in a fld whose only purpose is facilitate dragging the wd.
Does this help you?

sims

local startX, startY, dragWd

on mouseDown
   if the target contains "Menubar" is false then
   put true into dragWd
   put the mouseH into startX
   put the mouseV into startY
else
   pass mouseDown
end if
end mouseDown

on mouseMove newMouseH, newMouseV
   if dragWd then
     set the loc of this stack to item 1 of the loc of this \
     stack - startX + newMouseH,item 2 of the loc of this stack -
startY + newMouseV
   end if
end mouseMove

on mouseUp