Metal anomalies

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 15:09:50 EST 2005

--- "Frank D. Engel, Jr." <fde101 at fjrhome.net> wrote:
> On Feb 7, 2005, at 3:25 PM, Jan Schenkel wrote:
> >
> > I'm not quite sure I agree on this : it only takes
> > couple of lines of code to script this yourself,
> and
> > at which point should the engine do it for you ?
> > After the mouseDown message has gone all the way
> > the back of the message path? Or before any of
> your
> > scripts get to it, thus rendering any card level
> > 'mouseDown' mesages that normally get triggered
> when
> > you click next to the controls on your card?
>
> When the mouseUp message reaches the engine, of
> course.  At the last
> stage of the message path.

Remember how you'd script this yourself : by means of
a combination of
mouseDown/mouseMove/mouseUp/mouseRelease handlers --
that's four messages that may be caught independently
somewhere down the message path, sometimes in
different objects in order to minimize scripting
efforts.
I'm not sure how the engine could know for sure that
it's supposed to move the stack around, but that may
just be my puny brains ;-)

Jan Schenkel.

=====
Quartam - Tools for Revolution