MP3 without QuickTime on Windows

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Wed Feb 9 14:05:17 EST 2005

Hi Klaus

> Quick guess:
>
> Did you "set the dontuseqt to true"?
> In an "preopenstack"-handler or something...
>
> I think even if QT is NOT present the engine thinks to have to use
> QT...?

I haven't; but I don't think it's relevant, as the same app on a PC running
'ordinary' windows XP works fine - if QT is installed, it uses QT; if QT is
uninstalled, it uses Media Player.

Can RunRev confirm the actual requirements, or give me a clue how to debug
what's not working?  (EG on OS X I now about using the console to get
detailed info about what's failing to work when it tries to access some
external component; is there some equivalent on Windows (XPe) that I can use
to figure out what the problem is here?

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866