CGI access to PostGreSQL

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 7 15:49:15 EST 2005

--- Sivakatirswami <katir at hindu.org> wrote:
> We have a POSTGreSQL dBase running on a linux box
>
> This we expected to work, but does not. I *can*
> access the dbase from a
> stack, remotely from my desk top in the 2.5 rev IDE.
>

> #!/usr/local/bin/revolution
>
>   on startup
>
>     put

revOpenDatabase("Postgresql","himalayanacademy.com","cybertalks","htoday

> ","--real password goes here--") into pConnectionID
>     if (pConnectionID) is a number then
>       put "Your Cybertalks data base opened
> successfully with connection
> ID " into tResult
>       put pConnectionID after tResult
>       put tResult
>     else
>       put "Gosh darn, what's up?  The data base
> connection failed."
>
>   end startup
>
> Running this from terminal returns these errors
>
> ./blurb.rev
>   /usr/local/bin/revolution: Script parsing error at
> line 13, column 1
>   /usr/local/bin/revolution: Can't load stack or
> script ./blurb.rev
>
> Do I need to have some PostGreSQL libraries loaded?
>
> Sivakatirswami

What platform is the CGI-engine running on, and which
version of the CGI-engine is it ? You may need to copy
the revdb library and assorted drivers to the
/usr/local/bin directory.

Jan Schenkel.

=====
Quartam - Tools for Revolution