Thousands of Graphics = Bad Performance

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Feb 7 15:10:06 EST 2005

Scott,

Interestingly enough, I recently worked with a C programmer in SF on
creating a kids 3D application with the 3D engine done completely in RunRev.

The programmer had already tried to do it in RealBasic and it couldn't
be done. He doubted RR could do it, but once I showed him the
multi-polyon draw with set points trick, it worked great! One of the
cool parts of the trick, is that by inserting a blank line in the points
of a polygon, you can actually create as many polys as you want. This
worked out very well for the app. In fact, we were able to create this
game, with sounds and multiple scaling images, in less than a weeks time.

It's pretty cool to see RR rendering 3D in realtime using native
transcript. I'll post the app here when a demo version is available.

-Chipp