SubStacks with Same Name in Different apps

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Feb 5 15:38:00 EST 2005

I often use the same name for generic substacks  e.g.

"Prefs"
"Dev Notes"

etc.

It's just easier... I don't have to remember different, odd, stack
names when the actual function of these substacks in different
applications is virtually the same. But I  *always* use a unique name
for any given application main stack.

If a main stack is open with one of "generic" substacks and I open
another main stack which has a sub-stack with the same name... Rev
gives me that old frightful warning about not distinquishing between
stack with the same name...

How serious an issue is this? I seems like a somewhat unfortunate
limitation if serious data corruption is actually possible as the
warning would indicate. Any advice?

Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery