Download problem

Bruce A. Pokras macstacks at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 5 13:08:32 EST 2005

I am having a problem with downloading from a particular type of URL
using Rev. It is a PDF document from the European Patent Office. One
example of this type of URL is the following:

https://publications.european-patent-office.org/PublicationServer/documentpdf.jsp?iDocId=228969&sDummyParam=.pdf

I have been trying a script like the following:
------------
put
"https://publications.european-patent-office.org/PublicationServer/documentpdf.jsp?iDocId=228969&sDummyParam=.pdf"
into theURL

   put URL theURL into URL ("binfile:epoPatent.pdf")
---------
This gets nowhere. If I substitute "revgoURL theUrl" for the last
line, it opens my browser (Netscape 7.0) and displays the PDF without
any problem!

Does anyone know of a reason why the server would respond to Netscape
but not to Rev when the same URL is being requested? I tried setting
a custom HTTP header to "User-Agent: Netscape/7.0" and other
variations of that, but it was no help.

Regards,

Bruce Pokras