Ultra Beginner Question/Request

Len Morgan len-morgan at crcom.net
Fri Feb 4 15:11:00 EST 2005

Hello All,

I've been a programmer since the mid 70's.  I've used and/or tinkered
with all of the "normal" procedural languages (C, Tcl, BASIC) and even
some "ab"normal ones like Forth.  I consider myself a pretty good
programmer and have been told I'm fairly bright in general.  I've had
Revolution for a couple of weeks now, and I just can't seem to get my
head around the "methodology" of using Revolution.

I'm not worried about command syntax or what controls are available.  My
problem is how to go about DESIGNING a whole project.  I am trying to
convert a rather large application I have in Tcl/Tk to Revolution and
just can't seem to get started.

Are there any Revolution design documents, web pages, tutorials, etc
that address this area?  The one page about on the runrev.com site
having information for C programmers was not nearly enough.  I guess
what I'd like to see is a step by step tutorial on how to start with a
non-trivial project.  Like I said, I don't need to know how to put a
button on a card and fire a script when it's pressed - that is very well
explained.

Any information would be appreciated!

Len Morgan