SpecialFolderPath

Signe Marie Sanne Signe.Sanne at roman.uib.no
Thu Feb 3 03:27:19 EST 2005

>> can some1 help me with a small stack that will place an icon  on the
>> desk top to run the program from the current location.
>>
>> Thank you
>

>  Can some1 give a working stack example for desktop, Start menu, &
> Programs menu?
>
> I want this fir PC, but also like it for Mac & Linux.

Hello
I'm not quite sure if you know how to make a shortcut icon(on PC)...if that
may solve your problem:

on makeShortcut

   global gLongNameFile

   put specialFolderPath("desktop")& "/DysEngMP.lnk" into snarvei

--Here the word "DysEngMP" should be replaced
--with the short name of the application. The rest ".lnk" remains as it is.

   create alias(snarvei) to file gLongNameFile

end makeShortcut

Strangely enough, this same wording including "file" will as well make a
shortcut to a folder!

Signe Marie Sanne