Quoting the list

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Feb 1 18:15:49 EST 2005

Dan-

Tuesday, February 1, 2005, 10:33:01 AM, you wrote:

DS> That's a new standard on me, Mark. Where does the clipping take place?
DS> Are clients supposed to handle this?

Most modern email clients not made by Microsoft will handle the
delimiting properly when you reply to a message. I believe the
convention is that the message is clipped at the lowest sig delimiter.

And it's a recommendation, not a requirement - these are RFC's, after
all, not laws laid down from above. But check out RFCs 2646.4.3,
3676.4.3 and 6, and especially 1036.4.3.2.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net