Automating Rev Apps in OS X

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 04:16:36 EST 2005

This may be common knowledge among OS X folks but since it was a new thought
to me, I figured I'd share it anyway.

If you want to launch a Rev standalone app (or, for that matter, Rev itself)
at a specific date and time in OS X, you can do so simply by using iCal to
define an alarm for that date/time and set its behavior to "open file".
Select your app from the list of apps available to be opened (usually this
means using "other..." at the end of that menu). By defining a repeating
event, you can have the app launch as often as needed.

For all I know there's some equivalent way to do this using Outlook on
Windows. I'll leave that to the Windows dudes and dudettes.