Stacks not being removed from memory

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Mon Dec 26 16:18:51 EST 2005

OSX... 2.6...

I still continue to get "stack already memory do you want to purge"
over and over again, but I have set all my stacks (and have *always*
set all my stacks") destroy both stack and window on close...

Presumably this should clear them from RAM ? right?  but it
doesn't... from the IDE I must explicitely choose the "Close and
Remove from Memory" menu item in the IDE to be certain these stacks
do not have any latent versions in RAM. This is a nuisance where one
is closing some stack under script control.

I was accusing Constellation of this problem before, but have
disabled Constellation and *still* get this purge request for stacks
which were closed, whose destroy stack is set to true.

?? Am I doing something wrong? Anyone else experience this?

Sivakatirswami