Can't change the layer of an image

graham samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Tue Dec 6 09:21:41 EST 2005

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 19:18:19 +0100, Eric Chatonet
<eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi Graham,
>
> I would bet that, without noticing it, you grouped this image (find a
> blank group elsewhere).
> Then its layer could not be changed.
> To change the layer of controls owned by a group, you have to edit
> the group.
> BTW, if the group does not contain 2 controls at least, you can't do
> anything :-)

Eric

Yes, that must have been it! I was aware that you can 'group' a
single control but I'd never done it before. In fact I guess  you can
cut something from such a group as long as you're in the mode which
picks out individual controls rather than the group itself - and this
is what I did in the end, without realising it.

Thanks for the explanation.

Graham