help on open file

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Sat Aug 27 14:06:30 EDT 2005

You will need to do one of two things:

1. Include the name of the app to launch the document with (including
full path)

launch "textfile.doc" with "C:/Program Files/Microsoft/Word.exe" (or
whatever)

OR

2. Use the system scripting language (shell command) or in the case
of OS X AppleScript as an alternative, to do this outside the app.

There's no way for Rev to open a Word doc itself without launching Word.