Dragging from a list field

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Aug 27 12:42:47 EDT 2005

I have a list field that operates like an index; clicking on a line
causes the stack to display content based on the text of the line.

I also need the field to support drag and drop, so that users can create
their own lists by dragging lines from the index into a different field
in a substack.

I tried setting the dragData on a mousedown in the index field, but even
if I pass mouseDown, the index behaviors no longer function. The field
does not recognize "mouseup" or "selectionchanged" and nothing happens.
Actually, when I try dragging a line, the selection changes to whatever
line the pointer is over. Does anyone have a trick for making a list
field behave in two different ways -- that is, normal line selection as
well as supporting dragging lines to another field?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com